Actual product may differ from this image!
Old Forester 1910
|REGION||Kentucky, United States|
Sometime in the 1850s, an entire street in Louisville’s center was dedicated to Bourbon production, called Whiskey Row. Soon after that, the first Bourbon in sealed glass bottles was introduced and they called it Old Forester, named after Dr. William Forrester, the local pharmacist and a good patron of George G. Brown, the Whiskey maker. Now, who names their new product after their favorite customer anymore? Then, in 1910 (hence the name on the bottle), Old Forester had a fire in the bottling line, so in order to save the precious amber potion, they moved the batch into new, charred oak barrels. When they fixed the distillery and tried the stored Bourbon, their minds were blown. Not literally, obvs – the flavors were incredible